A unique investment proposition
- The original Woodford fund, completely focused on delivering attractive long-term returns for investors through investment in quality companies that can deliver sustainable dividend growth
- Investors expect a positive return and that is what we aim to deliver over the long term – protecting capital is key
- We aim to offer investors capital growth and a growing income stream, paid quarterly
- We focus on the long term – we don’t know what will happen tomorrow but we do know what drives markets over time
An investment team that shares a single goal
- The fund is managed by Neil Woodford, an outstanding fund manager for more than 25 years who has consistently delivered outstanding long-term performance to investors
- Neil is supported by a dedicated team that shares his approach and commitment to the goal of exceptional long-term performance for our clients
- Three experienced fund managers work with Neil – each with a different skill set for depth of cross-market coverage
- Three specialist analysts support the fund managers, providing them with valuable analysis and support on specific investment opportunities
A proven and distinctive approach
- The ‘Woodford philosophy’ – a consistent and proven approach to investment that has delivered outstanding long-term performance for investors
- We only invest when there is a compelling long-term opportunity – we will not invest in stocks just to make the fund look more like the index
- We buy stakes in businesses and help them to fulfill their potential and deliver shareholder value. In this way, believe we can beat the market over the long term
- We believe we can beat the market over the long term
Why invest with us now?
- We believe genuinely active fund management adds value for investors
- This is never more true than in challenging economic conditions
- Neil’s track record is testimony to his ability to make the right decisions when conditions are tricky – we believe now will ultimately prove to be another of those times
Interested in offshore access?
The Woodford Equity Income Feeder Fund is now available to provide offshore access to the original Woodford fund.
Who might this fund be suitable for?
- A wide variety of UK adult investors able to invest a lump sum or make regular payments
- Self-directed investors capable of evaluating the risks and merits of the fund
- Advised investors with varied levels of interest, knowledge, confidence and experience
- Investors looking for long-term investment growth and with a minimum investment horizon of 3-5 years (and comfortable that although the funds can be withdrawn at any time, ‘instant access’ could mean having to withdraw at a time which is not optimal from a market / fund performance perspective)
- Comfortable that the value of investments in the fund can go down as well as up, that capital may be at risk and that performance varies over time and returns are not guaranteed.
- Investing for income or total return but clear that a healthy, sustainable level of income is a priority of the fund managers
Who is the fund not suitable for?
- Any investor who does not have sufficient resources to bear any loss resulting from the investment
- Investors who are not prepared to take any risk with their money or put their capital at risk
- Self-directed investors who are not able to evaluate the risks and merits of the fund
- Any investor looking for guaranteed income or total return
- Investors who are not prepared to accept short-term volatility as there will be periods when the fund falls in value
- Investors who do not wish to be exposed to unquoted securities.
- Investors who may be looking to withdraw their money in the shorter term (e.g. have an investment horizon of less than 3-5 years).