Our original investment proposition
- The original Woodford fund, focused on delivering attractive long-term returns for investors through investment in undervalued companies that can deliver sustainable dividend growth
- Investors expect a positive return and that is what we aim to deliver over the long term – protecting capital is our key priority
- We aim to offer investors capital growth and a growing income stream, paid quarterly
An investment team that shares a single goal
- The fund is managed by Neil Woodford, who has delivered outstanding long-term performance to investors during a career of more than 30 years
- Neil is supported by a dedicated team that shares his approach and absolute focus on client outcomes
- Five experienced analysts work with Neil, providing valuable analysis and support on specific investment opportunities – each has a different skill set for depth of cross-market coverage
A consistent and distinctive approach
- We only invest when there is a compelling long-term opportunity – we will not invest in stocks just to make the fund look more like the index
- We buy stakes in businesses and help them to fulfill their potential and deliver shareholder value
- The fund will at times behave in a very different way to the overall market – we are happy to go against consensus to deliver positive long-term returns
Interested in offshore access?
The Woodford Equity Income Feeder Fund is normally available to provide offshore access to the original Woodford fund. Please note that dealing in the fund is currently suspended and it is not possible to invest right now.
Who might this fund be suitable for?
- A wide variety of UK adult investors able to invest a lump sum or make regular payments
- Self-directed investors capable of evaluating the risks and merits of the fund
- Advised investors with varied levels of interest, knowledge, confidence and experience
- Investors looking for long-term investment growth and with a minimum investment horizon of 3-5 years (and comfortable that although the funds can be withdrawn at any time, ‘instant access’ could mean having to withdraw at a time which is not optimal from a market / fund performance perspective)
- Comfortable that the value of investments in the fund can go down as well as up, that capital may be at risk and that performance varies over time and returns are not guaranteed.
- Investing for income or total return but clear that a healthy, sustainable level of income is a priority of the fund managers
Who is the fund not suitable for?
- Any investor who does not have sufficient resources to bear any loss resulting from the investment
- Investors who are not prepared to take any risk with their money or put their capital at risk
- Self-directed investors who are not able to evaluate the risks and merits of the fund
- Any investor looking for guaranteed income or total return
- Investors who are not prepared to accept short-term volatility as there will be periods when the fund falls in value
- Investors who do not wish to be exposed to unquoted securities.
- Investors who may be looking to withdraw their money in the shorter term (e.g. have an investment horizon of less than 3-5 years)