At Woodford1 we are committed to safeguarding and preserving your privacy.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy (together with the website Terms and Conditions) explains what happens to any personal data that you provide to us, or that we may learn about you while you visit our websites2, attend Woodford events, visit our offices, use our services or invest in one of the funds discretionary managed by us. This notice also informs you about your privacy rights and how the law may protect you.
We update this Policy from time to time, so please do review it regularly.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
How and from where we may receive personal data
- When you contact or correspond with us (for example, by phone (including during recorded calls), e-mail or otherwise) for any other reason (for example, to request services from us);
- When you use our Website, post comments on our Website or via social media;
- When you report a problem with the Website;
- When you:
- register to receive information from us;
- meet with us;
- attend our events;
- interact with us at third party events;
- hand us your business card;
- subscribe for blog alerts and bulletins;
- sign up to receive news and updates from us;
- participate in our surveys, competitions, questionnaires etc.; or
- When you provide us with feedback, opinions and / or comments regarding the Website or our services.
Data from other sources
Like many other businesses, we may receive personal data from many sources. This section seeks to list various places from where we may receive personal data about you.
Data we indirectly gather about you:
- When you use the Website, details of your usage (including the date, time, location or duration of the usage);
- If you visit the Website, certain technical information, for example, the type of device (and its unique device identifier) you use to access the Website, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, mobile network information and platform; and
- Information about your visit to the Website including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time), pages you viewed, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Data we may receive from third parties
- Companies that introduce you to us (such as financial advisers)
- Financial advisers
- Investment platforms through which you access our clients (investment companies and funds)
- Investment fund administrators or shareholder/unitholder registrars
- Social networks (e.g. google, twitter – see below for further details and our cookies policy below)
- Public information sources such as Companies House or the Financial Conduct Authority’s Register
- Market researchers/Data providers who aggregate personal data from many sources for the specific and approved purpose of sharing such data with business like ours to help with our internal analysis (including assessing market trends, fund distributions statistics etc).
- Marketing partners engaged to help distribute content on us and our services through any medium
- Agents, consultants and advisers. These can be specialist companies who advise us on way to develop and improve our services and products. These can also be types of firms that help us to prevent, detect and reports unlawful acts and fraudulent behaviours, in particular with regards to financial crime.
- Government and law enforcement agencies